To write a report to an existing or new client click write / view report from the main dashboard. You'll be directed to the Write / View Report page that look like this.
To write a new report or view / edit an existing report belonging to an existing client, you will need to locate and select the client using the client search and add them to the Selected Client(s) list.
To search for an existing client, simply select the user from the User drop down menu * and enter all, or part of the client’s surname and click search. If you’re not entirely sure which user the client is saved under you can use the All Users option at the top of the list. You will then be directed to a new page where you can select the client by clicking the add to selected clients list hyperlink.
You’ll be returned to the main write / view report page where you’ll now see that the client has been added to the Selected Clients list.
* Only users of multi-user accounts that have had share clients and reports activated for them will see the User drop down.
To write a report to a new client, simply click one of the relevant add client button , and you’ll be directed to the add client screen for that client type.
Here you'll be prompted to enter some basic client details. There is no compulsion to complete all fields and only those fields that you do complete will be included in the client details table that gets automatically inserted in your report when it is downloaded to Word.
Next, click save at the bottom of the page and you’ll be returned to the main write / view report page where you’ll now see that the client has been added to the Selected Clients list.
Selected Clients List
Once a client has been added to the Selected Clients list, you can then (using the icons to the right):
- edit their details;
- remove them from the Selected Clients list; or
- view the reports that are saved in their Report Library.
To write a new report, you simply need to add all of the clients you wish to write the report to into the Selected Client(s) list and then click write report. In the example below, I wish to write a report to Mickey and Minnie Mouse and hence I have added both into the Selected Client(s) list.
Report Creation Method
Next you'll be prompted to confirm the method you wish to use to create the report.
There are 3 options available:
- From scratch - This is the ‘vanilla’ option. The standard core sections will be auto inserted into the Report Builder but you will need to add and complete all the sections relevant to the advice you're providing.
- Using a pre-configured advice scenario - In addition to the standard core sections, additional sections will be auto-inserted into the Report Builder to reflect the advice scenario selected. You will then need to complete all sections.
- From an existing report template - This uses a pre-existing report template with partially completed advice sections already inserted into the Report Builder as the starting point for creating your new report.
On clicking the next arrow, you will then be prompted within Report Details to give the report a name and reference (optional), and depending on the option selected, select the report type, the advice scenario or the template you wish to use.
Having clicked save you'll be directed to the Report Builder. As the name suggests, the Report Builder is where you build the content of your report. It allows you to manage the sections of a report, and provides:
- An overview of the sections that make up the report; and
- An entry point into those wizard sections that require your input.
You'll find everything you need to know about the Report Builder here.