It's really easy to change the report type of an existing report. Just follow these simple steps.
1. From the dashboard, click Write / view reports.
2. Locate the client to whom the existing report belongs and click on the view reports link to the right of their name.
3. You'll be directed to the client's Report Library. Locate the report you wish to change and click on the change report type icon to the right of the report name.
4. You'll be directed to a new page - Change Report Type - where you'll be prompted to select the new report type you require from the New Report Type drop down menu, and give the new report a different name by completing the New Report Name field.
5. Click save and you'll be returned to the client's Report Library where you'll notice that a new report of the selected report type has been created.
6. Changing the report type of a report creates a new version of the original report - the original report will remain unchanged. You can then edit the content of the new report in the usual way by clicking on the corresponding report builder link. This will direct you to the report builder of the newly created report where you'll notice the new report has been reconfigured to reflect the selected new report type.
It is worth remembering that changing the report type of a report will affect:
- Which snippets (content) get included in the resultant report.
You'll find an overview of the different report types here.