To provide you with complete flexibility to format and style the content of your reports you'll find an HTML editor has been added at various places within the Genovo app, including:
1. The Snippet Editor – The Snippet Editor located within the Report Content Manager allows you to edit the boilerplate content of your reports.
2. Know Your Client Info - This is a text box within the Client Objectives step of the Introduction section. It's here that you can add personalised text regarding the client’s objectives.
3. Provider Description – This is a text box within the Provider Library where you can add a description of a particular provider.
4. Further Investment Info – This is a text box within the Investment Library where you can add further information regarding a particular investment.
5. Profile Description - This is a text box within the Attitude to Risk Library where you can add a description of a risk profile. You may wish to add a table to a profile description to illustrate the typical returns the investor can expect from a particular profile.
Using the Genovo HTML Editor you can add a table to any of the above.
How to Create a Table
Using the Genovo HTML Editor to create your table will ensure it is rendered correctly within your reports in line with the table-related styles of your selected Report Theme.
We would advise against pasting an existing table from Word straight into the Genovo HTML Editor as this is likely to result in the formatting of the table going awry when you download your report to Word.;
Here's some simple step-by-step instructions to help walk you through the process.
1. Place your cursor within the text box where the table is to be generated.
2. Click the table icon (highlighted in red) on the far right of the toolbar.
This will open the Table Properties dialog box as per the screenshot below.
3. Update the number in the Rows and Columns fields to reflect the make-up of your table.
4. Change the Headers field to reflect the make-up of your table. For example if you want a row of headings across the top of your table, change this field to First Row. If you want a column of headings down the left hand side of your table, change the Headers field to First Column.
Let's say I wish to create a 4 row x 4 column table (with my headings across the top) within the Further Investment Info field of a portfolio investment that I've added to my Investment Library to illustrate the funds that make up that portfolio. I would update the fields within the Table Properties dialog box as follows:
6. On clicking OK a blank table will be inserted into the Further Investment Info text box like so.
7. Now you can insert the required text into the relevant cells.
8. Click save and that's it you've created a table that will be rendered in line with the table-related styles you have selected in your Report Theme whenever your report is downloaded to Word.